Whitehorse Historical Society Inc is part of the Whitehorse Manningham Heritage Network and entries from the Society’s catalogue form part of the Whitehorse Manningham Local History Database located on the Whitehorse Manningham Regional Library Corporation website.
Four local history related databases can now be searched from the catalogue page of the library website:
- (Whitehorse Manningham) Heritage Network
- Cemetery Database
- Diggers Database
- Petition Database
To access the databases go to the library catalogue page
How to access the Local History Database
- To access the databases go to the library catalogue page
- This opens the Library Home page with the following search box:
- Use the drop down list on the right of the Search box to choose the required database.
- Add one or more search terms to the search box. Note: to search for an image add the word image to the search terms
- Click on the small magnifying glass icon to carry out the search.
Whitehorse Manningham Local History Database is a regional database containing information about the local history collections held at Box Hill Historical Society Inc., Doncaster-Templestowe Historical Society Inc., Whitehorse Historical Society Inc and Warrandyte Historical Society Inc. and the public libraries in Whitehorse and Manningham. Volunteers at the four historical societies catalogue their collections and the records are then exported into the regional local history database.
A selection of images from the collection appears in the Whitehorse Manningham Local History Database and these images can also be found in PictureVictoria – a database of images of Victoria. These images can also be accessed via Trove.